7 THOUGHTS ON FORGIVENESS
1. Forgiveness means tearing up a debt. It means you abandon any expectation of change or restitution from the offender.
2. Yes, it’s difficult. The more severe the offense against you, the harder it is.
3. Forgiveness can be unilateral. You can forgive someone even though they never seek it or change.
4. Forgiving someone may never change them. Be content if it at least changes you.
5. A gospel world-view is essential. Knowing the Father fully forgives you is the divine motivation for you to forgive others.
6. Forgiveness is healing. To go a step further and seek the restoration and encouragement of the offender is liberating!
7. The Christian church is intended to be a community of believers who breathe the air of forgiveness and cause forgiveness to flourish in their midst.